- Art ServedProject Featured On:Art Served — 8/14/12
Michael Radyk Portfolio
- RECENT WORKPLASTIC PIECES AND CUT CORDUROY
The making of woven cloth is at the core of my artistic practice. My investigation into making cloth stems from those dualities inherent in its value, structure, meaning, production, visual impact, craft and history. What I hope to achieve in my cloth is an abstraction formed around dualities. In the work and textiles I produce there is a consistency of influences. As I weave my body around the halls of museums or my eyes around architectural references and words, the layering of their influences starts to overlap and under lap, touch and diverge. Using a multilayered or mosaic-like approach to research is how I work. Weaving together a sort of atlas of influence and memory, my aim is to demonstrate the evocative power of images which occur/recur, to expose their impact, their nature, to explain how they function, how they infect one another.
- ARTIST JACQUARDSVarious materials: wool, recycled polyester, linen, recycled vinyl coated polyester, glass tape, nylon, silk.Cut and manipulated.
- "Komako 1"Detail
- "Visions of Gerard (for Jack Keroac)"Detail
- SWAN POINT"Detail"SWAN POINT": Exhibition view."SWAN POINT": Various sizes, can be unlimited height and width, cut and manipulated."SWAN POINT" : Flocked
- "SOW 1"Series "SICKLE & SOW"Various materials: wool. linen, recycled polyester, milk fiber, metallic thread, paper yarn.Cut and manipulated textile, layers removed by cutting to form surface,
- "SOW 2"Full viewDetail
- "KOMAKO 2"DetailFull view
- Installations, Projects and Research
- Installations, Hambidge Center for the Arts and Sciences
- "YELLOW PROJECT 33"Portfolio Exchange OCAC